As many of you know, VMware acquired VeloCloud recently and partners/customers combined are very excited about this SD-WAN solution.
Enterprise SD-WAN market will reach $8B in 2020. In 2019, 30% of enterprises will use SD-WAN in all their branches, from less than 1% today. In less than 2 years, 50% of Enterprises will use SD-WAN at some or all of their branches. Needless to say, this segment will be in hyper-growth in the next couple of years and VeloCloud will continue to be leading the way.
There are 3 major challenges businesses face today:
- Complexity of Branch Deployment
- Application Performance and Bandwidth Constraints
- Cloud Migration proves difficult with Static architectures
VeloCloud addresses these issues:
- Simplified WAN Management from a single interface
- Assured Application performance with Dynamic Multi-Path Optimization regardless of protocol and circuits
- On-ramp to the Cloud with direct Cloud access with performance, reliability and security
The most exciting feature in my opinion is the Dynamic Multi-Path Optimization. VeloCloud will continuously monitor the link and path quality and correct any errors and jitters as well as auto-steering for brownouts and blackout. Performance can be improved even for a single-link scenario as well. Additionally, if you are accessing SaaS applications in the Cloud like Office 365, SalesForce, etc. VeloCloud will have direct Cloud access giving you maximum performance. All of this with a single easy-to-use interface hosted by VeloCloud. It is very easy to setup. New edges can be added and deployed with a single click.