My second AWS re:Invent conference this year. Here’s a recap of the Tuesday morning keynote. AWS CEO, Andy Jassy on stage.
- Low Latency, Higher throughput instances
- Serverless Support for Kubernetes
- Customer moving off mainframes, databases and Windows
- Customers moving from Data Silos to Data Lakes and in need of Big Data Analytics
- Accelerate Compute with caching, announcing Aqua to keep up with storage performance
- #DBFreedom – Complete family of purpose-built databases
- Complete platform for Machine Learning including SageMaker Studio, web-based IDE for ML
- Amazon Kendra, ML search index for your enterprise connecting to your internal data sources on-prem.
- GA of AWS Outpost for Native AWS services. VMware Cloud on AWS Outpost available in 2020.
- Mobile Edge Comput with 5G announced with first telco provider, Verizon
AWS is the clear Cloud leader today.
New ARM based instances announced.
Low latency, higher throughput instances.
Announcing Fargate for EKS (Serverless support for K8s).
Summary of Compute Announcements
Customers moving off mainframe, Oracle/SQL and Windows.
ISV and SaaS Providers
Customers are moving Data Silos to Data Lakes.
Amazon S3, the most common object store for Data Lakes today.
Challenges managing storage access.
Announcing S3 Access Points.
Big data analytics options with AWS.
Tens of thousands of customers use Redshift.
Amazon Redshift updates.
Announcing RA3 instances.
Storage performance growing at 6x VS CPU
Accelerate Compute with caching, announcing Aqua, coming mid-2020
Announcing UltraWarm, warm storage layer for ElasticSearch
Purpose built database options. There’s one missing, managing Cassandra.
Announcing Amazon Managed Apache Cassandra Services.
Complete family of purpose-built databases.
Machine Learning continues to grow with customers.
Customers using Machines Learning with AWS.
Cerner on stage discussing state of Healthcare. $1 Trillion wasted.
One of the issue is “re-admission” costs. Patients go back for second round of care. Using Machine Language (ML) to predict and prevent re-admission.
40% of physicians are depressed. Using VirtualScribe to offer better experience, so physicians can spend more time with their patients.
Frameworks for ML
Customer running TensorFlow in AWS.
Faster to run ML with AWS
Complete set of tools for ML with Amazon SageMaker.
Announcing SageMaker Studio, web-based IDE for ML
SageMaker Studio summary.
Announcing Amazon Fraud Detector
CodeGuru Profiler can detect latency and most expensive line of code.
Announcing Amazon Connect – Contact center in the Cloud
ML with Amazon Connect
Announcing Amazon Kendra, ML search index for your enterprise connecting to your internal data sources on-prem.
Amazon goes all in on ML!
GA of AWS Outpost for Native AWS services.
The Eight Currentcies of 5G. “You need SDN. You need to virtualize your network.” — Chairman, CEO of Verizon
Mobile Edge Compute with 5G
Announcing AWS Wavelength, AWS services at the Edge. Verizon as the first provider to announce Verizon 5G Edge
That wraps up the re:Invent keynote!