VMworld 2020 News Announcement Summary – Day1:
- VMworld 2020 Announcement Summary Recap: https://www.vmware.com/company/news/updates/2020/vmworld-2020-news-announcement-summary.html
- VMware to acquire SaltStack: https://www.vmware.com/company/news/updates/2020/intent-to-acquire-saltstack.html
- VMware Announces Future Ready Workforce Solutions to Address the Needs of the Distributed Workforce: https://www.vmware.com/company/news/releases/vmw-newsfeed.VMware-Announces-Future-Ready-Workforce-Solutions-to-Address-the-Needs-of-the-Distributed-Workforce.fb37aa5d-66f3-4e59-89cb-160b36ce87f9.html
- VMware Delivers Intrinsic Security to the World’s Digital Infrastructure: https://www.vmware.com/company/news/releases/vmw-newsfeed.VMware-Delivers-Intrinsic-Security-to-the-Worlds-Digital-Infrastructure.e137f086-d4ab-419f-ac02-4c1967366549.html
- VMware Delivers the Next Wave of Virtual Cloud Network Innovation to Connect and Protect Today’s Distributed, Multi-Cloud Enterprise: https://www.vmware.com/company/news/releases/vmw-newsfeed.VMware-Delivers-the-Next-Wave-of-Virtual-Cloud-Network-Innovation-to-Connect-and-Protect-Todays-Distributed-Multi-Cloud-Enterprise.f22204da-4298-429d-ad33-e1e805ad63cc.html
- VMware Empowers Customers to Build their Multi-Cloud Future: https://www.vmware.com/company/news/releases/vmw-newsfeed.VMware-Empowers-Customers-to-Build-their-Multi-Cloud-Future.7e5f88c7-8554-4ea0-9a7b-c254a1679d57.html
- VMware Expands Tanzu Portfolio and Partnerships to Accelerate Customers’ Infrastructure and Application Modernization Efforts: https://www.vmware.com/company/news/releases/vmw-newsfeed.VMware-Expands-Tanzu-Portfolio-and-Partnerships-to-Accelerate-Customers-Infrastructure-and-Application-Modernization-Efforts.42bc16c4-3f01-41a4-ad82-149bbc26fd9f.html
- VMware Unveils Project Monterey: Re-Imagining Hybrid Cloud Architecture to Support Next-Generation Applications: https://www.vmware.com/company/news/releases/vmw-newsfeed.VMware-Unveils-Project-Monterey-Re-Imagining-Hybrid-Cloud-Architecture-to-Support-Next-Generation-Applications.89238c82-cabf-4136-b66e-642617f10d40.html
ChannelFutures: VMware VMworld 2020 News Includes SaltStack Acquisition
Cheddar TV spoke with Sanjay Poonen to discuss VMware’s work with companies like Zoom, highlights from VMworld 2020 and opportunities ahead. Diginomica’s Kurt Mako explored VMware’s cloud strategy and the steps it’s taken each year towards a vision that transformed its data center virtualization system into the world of multi-cloud infrastructure. Protocol reviewed some of the biggest announcements at VMworld, including its partnership with Nvidia and news of its intent to acquire SaltStack.
The Information detailed VMware’s new partnership with Nvidia to create an enterprise-wide platform for AI to tie together the data center, cloud and edge computing. Lynn Greiner at IT World Canada discusses VMware’s ongoing efforts to evolve the architecture for data center, cloud, and edge with the introduction of Project Monterey. Brainstorm Magazine highlighted some of VMworld’s biggest announcements and specifically noted, “It’s hard to overstate the importance of the application for modern business. VMware has for the last few years been concentrating its efforts on supporting the development and management of apps.” The Economic Times reported on Pat Gelsigner’s commentary discussing the progress VMware has made with Carbon Black.
Brainstorm Magazine (UK): VMworld 2020: All The News You Need To Know
Economic Times (APJ): Security Now Over $1 Billion Business For VMware: Pat Gelsinger
IT World Canada: From Pacific To Monterey: VMware Continues To Evolve
The Information: Nvidia, VMware Join Forces For Data Center Business