We are very excited to announce the availability of VMware SD-WAN™ by VeloCloud® Release 4.0.0. This is a major release that includes operating system upgrades and database changes to the VMware SD-WAN Orchestrator and VMware SD-WAN Gateways. With these changes we bring significant improvements to scale and performance.
Details on features and enhancements can be found in the Release Notes.
New Features Include:
- New VMware SD-WAN Orchestrator User Interface
- Bidirectional Forwarding Detection (BFD)
- Zscaler API Automation
- VMware SD-WAN Orchestrator Customizations
- Non-VMware SD-WAN Destinations via Edge
- Data Security
- Intermediate Certificate Authority
- High Availability Support for Checkpoint VNF
- Backup WAN Links
- ARP Timeout
- Business Policy and Firewall Rules
- Support for DHCP over VLAN in a routed interface
- Software Upgrades
Notes on Roll-out:
- The VMware SD-WAN Operations Team will begin upgrading the enterprise-hosted VMware SD-WAN Orchestrators and VMware SD-WAN Gateways to Release 4.0.0 within two weeks.
- These upgrades are estimated to take two to three months.
- A banner with more details will be posted on the enterprise-hosted VMware SD-WAN Orchestrators at least one week prior to the scheduled upgrade.
- This one-week interval is so that partners can notify their customers.
- Partners with dedicated hosted Orchestrators can request upgrade to 4.0.0 after the completion of enterprise-hosted Orchestrator upgrades.
- We will send another announcement at that time.
- Customers with on-premise deployments should contact Support for assistance with their upgrade.
Impact on VMware SD-WAN Edges running 2.x.x: Once the Orchestrator and Gateways are upgraded to Release 4.0, Edges running release 2.x.x will no longer be able to form tunnels with the Gateways. For more information, please click here.
Product Downloads (New!)
- Release 4.0 binaries will be available for download from my.vmware.com in the next week. Go to Product Downloads and look for the VMware SD-WAN product under the Networking & Security product category.
- Entitlement for downloading binaries is based on product components purchased.