It’s been a week since vSphere 7 Update 2 became available, and we continue to publish new information about it every day. Every update release to vSphere has new features. This one has about 20 big ones that we’ll talk about directly, about 90 medium-sized improvements or additions, and […]
VMware launched the Customer Lifecycle Incentives Program to help partners facilitate the end-to-end digital transformation for their customers. The program will help partners drive increased profitability through new and expanded customer engagement, a simplified experience, optimized […]
Announcing the Compliance Kit for VMware Cloud Foundation 4.2
Across multiple industry segments, organizations have a need to comply with one or more regulatory standards and these compliance requirements typically fall within the CIO and IT teams. Auditing and remediation of an environment can be a complex, time-consuming task. The complexity increases with Software Defined Data Center solutions like VMware Cloud Foundation (VCF), that contain a multitude of different products that manage virtualization of storage, compute, and network resources. ……Read More
With the VMware Virtual Cloud Network, we are delivering a modern network that understands the needs of applications and programmatically delivers connectivity and security services to meet those requirements. The ultimate result is a better experience for both users and applications. Today, […]
vRealize Operations brings many capabilities to monitor and manage your private, hybrid, and public clouds. But there’s so much more than just infrastructure management. We also offer several approaches to discovering and monitoring your business applications. There’s service discovery, […]
We are very excited to announce the availability of VMware SD-WAN™ by VeloCloud® Release 4.0.0. This is a major release that includes operating system upgrades and database changes to the VMware SD-WAN Orchestrator and VMware SD-WAN Gateways. With these changes we bring significant improvements to scale and performance.
Details on features and enhancements can be found in the Release Notes.
New Features Include:
- New VMware SD-WAN Orchestrator User Interface
- Bidirectional Forwarding Detection (BFD)
- Zscaler API Automation
- VMware SD-WAN Orchestrator Customizations
- Non-VMware SD-WAN Destinations via Edge
- Data Security
- Intermediate Certificate Authority
- High Availability Support for Checkpoint VNF
- Backup WAN Links
- ARP Timeout
- Business Policy and Firewall Rules
- Support for DHCP over VLAN in a routed interface
- Software Upgrades
Notes on Roll-out:
- The VMware SD-WAN Operations Team will begin upgrading the enterprise-hosted VMware SD-WAN Orchestrators and VMware SD-WAN Gateways to Release 4.0.0 within two weeks.
- These upgrades are estimated to take two to three months.
- A banner with more details will be posted on the enterprise-hosted VMware SD-WAN Orchestrators at least one week prior to the scheduled upgrade.
- This one-week interval is so that partners can notify their customers.
- Partners with dedicated hosted Orchestrators can request upgrade to 4.0.0 after the completion of enterprise-hosted Orchestrator upgrades.
- We will send another announcement at that time.
- Customers with on-premise deployments should contact Support for assistance with their upgrade.
Impact on VMware SD-WAN Edges running 2.x.x: Once the Orchestrator and Gateways are upgraded to Release 4.0, Edges running release 2.x.x will no longer be able to form tunnels with the Gateways. For more information, please click here.
Product Downloads (New!)
- Release 4.0 binaries will be available for download from my.vmware.com in the next week. Go to Product Downloads and look for the VMware SD-WAN product under the Networking & Security product category.
- Entitlement for downloading binaries is based on product components purchased.
VMworld 2020 News Announcement Summary – Day1:
- VMworld 2020 Announcement Summary Recap: https://www.vmware.com/company/news/updates/2020/vmworld-2020-news-announcement-summary.html
- VMware to acquire SaltStack: https://www.vmware.com/company/news/updates/2020/intent-to-acquire-saltstack.html
- VMware Announces Future Ready Workforce Solutions to Address the Needs of the Distributed Workforce: https://www.vmware.com/company/news/releases/vmw-newsfeed.VMware-Announces-Future-Ready-Workforce-Solutions-to-Address-the-Needs-of-the-Distributed-Workforce.fb37aa5d-66f3-4e59-89cb-160b36ce87f9.html
- VMware Delivers Intrinsic Security to the World’s Digital Infrastructure: https://www.vmware.com/company/news/releases/vmw-newsfeed.VMware-Delivers-Intrinsic-Security-to-the-Worlds-Digital-Infrastructure.e137f086-d4ab-419f-ac02-4c1967366549.html
- VMware Delivers the Next Wave of Virtual Cloud Network Innovation to Connect and Protect Today’s Distributed, Multi-Cloud Enterprise: https://www.vmware.com/company/news/releases/vmw-newsfeed.VMware-Delivers-the-Next-Wave-of-Virtual-Cloud-Network-Innovation-to-Connect-and-Protect-Todays-Distributed-Multi-Cloud-Enterprise.f22204da-4298-429d-ad33-e1e805ad63cc.html
- VMware Empowers Customers to Build their Multi-Cloud Future: https://www.vmware.com/company/news/releases/vmw-newsfeed.VMware-Empowers-Customers-to-Build-their-Multi-Cloud-Future.7e5f88c7-8554-4ea0-9a7b-c254a1679d57.html
- VMware Expands Tanzu Portfolio and Partnerships to Accelerate Customers’ Infrastructure and Application Modernization Efforts: https://www.vmware.com/company/news/releases/vmw-newsfeed.VMware-Expands-Tanzu-Portfolio-and-Partnerships-to-Accelerate-Customers-Infrastructure-and-Application-Modernization-Efforts.42bc16c4-3f01-41a4-ad82-149bbc26fd9f.html
- VMware Unveils Project Monterey: Re-Imagining Hybrid Cloud Architecture to Support Next-Generation Applications: https://www.vmware.com/company/news/releases/vmw-newsfeed.VMware-Unveils-Project-Monterey-Re-Imagining-Hybrid-Cloud-Architecture-to-Support-Next-Generation-Applications.89238c82-cabf-4136-b66e-642617f10d40.html
ChannelFutures: VMware VMworld 2020 News Includes SaltStack Acquisition
Cheddar TV spoke with Sanjay Poonen to discuss VMware’s work with companies like Zoom, highlights from VMworld 2020 and opportunities ahead. Diginomica’s Kurt Mako explored VMware’s cloud strategy and the steps it’s taken each year towards a vision that transformed its data center virtualization system into the world of multi-cloud infrastructure. Protocol reviewed some of the biggest announcements at VMworld, including its partnership with Nvidia and news of its intent to acquire SaltStack.
The Information detailed VMware’s new partnership with Nvidia to create an enterprise-wide platform for AI to tie together the data center, cloud and edge computing. Lynn Greiner at IT World Canada discusses VMware’s ongoing efforts to evolve the architecture for data center, cloud, and edge with the introduction of Project Monterey. Brainstorm Magazine highlighted some of VMworld’s biggest announcements and specifically noted, “It’s hard to overstate the importance of the application for modern business. VMware has for the last few years been concentrating its efforts on supporting the development and management of apps.” The Economic Times reported on Pat Gelsigner’s commentary discussing the progress VMware has made with Carbon Black.
Brainstorm Magazine (UK): VMworld 2020: All The News You Need To Know
Economic Times (APJ): Security Now Over $1 Billion Business For VMware: Pat Gelsinger
IT World Canada: From Pacific To Monterey: VMware Continues To Evolve
The Information: Nvidia, VMware Join Forces For Data Center Business