Workspace ONE for Office 365 Video Demo
See how Workspace ONE enables simple, secure access to Office 365.
New vRealize Log Insight 4.0 release -VMware Cloud Management Blog
The leading industry log management solution, vRealize Log Insight just got better with 4.0, launching later this year. Sign up here to be notified when it’s released. Log Insight 4.0 has a new, improved and re-designed user interface, offers enhanced alert management functionalities, and is natively built for and works seamlessly with vSphere, vRealize, and other The post New vRealize Log Insight 4.0 release appeared first on VMware Cloud Management .
vRealize Automation 7.2 – What’s New -VMware Cloud Management Blog
Enhanced Ease of Use with Out-of-the-Box Support for Azure and Containers To better address the needs of developers and IT teams, VMware vRealize Automation 7.2 brings new out-of-the box support for Microsoft Azure as well as new container management capabilities. With this new release, the ability of IT and DevOps practitioners to use unified The post vRealize Automation 7.2 – What’s New appeared first on VMware Cloud Management .
vSphere 6.5 was announced today at VMworld Europe in Barcelona. There are 3 themes for vSphere 6.5:
simplified architecture (integrated vCenter Server Appliance, Update Manager included all-in-one), no Windows/SQL licensing
Native High Availability (HA) of vCenter for the appliance is built-in – Automatic failover (Web Client may require re-login)
Native Backup and Restore of vCenter appliance – Simplified backup and restore with a new native file-based solution. Restore the vCenter Server configuration to a fresh appliance and stream backups to external storage using HTTP, FTP, or SCP protocols.
New HTML5-based vSphere Client that is both responsive and easy to use (Based on our new Clarity UI)
Encryption at rest and in motion – new VM-level encryption capability designed to protect against unauthorized data access. When used with vSphere vMotion, this capability safeguards both data at rest and data in motion
secure boot model to make sure images have not been tampered with and to prevent the loading of unauthorized vSphere component
secure access, vSphere 6.5 provides multi-factor authentication. You can now configure vCenter Server permissions to require 2-Factor authentication using both a password and a smartcard or RSA key. Plus, vSphere 6.5 offers enhanced audit-quality logging capabilities that provide more information about user actions. IT can now access auditable trails if an investigation into anomalies or security threats require it.
Universal App Platform – universal app platform that supports both traditional and next-generation apps (including 3D graphics, big data, machine learning environments, SAP Hana, and SaaS)… vSphere 6.5 expands its workload coverage model by focusing on both scale-up and scale-out next-gen apps that are increasingly built using evolving technology building blocks, such as containers.
VIC is extends vSphere capabilities to run container workloads and sits on top of vCenter, and integrates with the rest of the VMware stack like NSX and vSAN…
vSphere Integrated Containers where we are enabling the best of both worlds for contained based cloud native apps…
vSphere Integrated Containers is the easiest way for vSphere users to bring containers into an existing environment.
Integrated containers deliver an enterprise container infrastructure that provides the best of both worlds for the developer and vSphere operations team.
Containers are now just as easy to enable and manage as virtual machines.
For cloud native apps, there are two audiences we are trying to serve, one is the developers, they want to leverage native docker interface, using the tools that they are familiar with.
For IT, operations guys, they want to have control and visibility of these category of applications, they like to leverage tools and processes they have honed in over the years.
VMware Cloud Foundation on vCloud Air BETA
As part of today’s announcements, VMware is also introducing the beta of a new vCloud Air disaster recovery solution designed specifically for the enterprise. The new offering is designed to provide the security and isolation of a dedicated cloud environment combined with the simplicity of a replication solution that is directly integrated into vSphere and optimized with SD-WAN technologies. As part of today’s announcement, VMware is also introducing the beta of VMware Cloud Foundation Service on vCloud Air which provides a fast and easy way to leverage the combined power of vSphere, Virtual SAN, NSX and SDDC Manager in a fully integrated service offering from VMware.
Newly released VMware Cloud Foundation and VMware Cloud Foundation Service are built on vSphere 6.5.
Virtual SAN (VSAN) 6.5
• Additional TCO Savings by…
• Offering New Workload types such as Cloud-Native Apps and the ability for Physical workloads to point to the VSAN datastore via iSCSI communication.
• Works off-the-shelf with Docker, Swarm, Kubernetes, …
• Persistent Docker Volume Driver
• vSphere Integrated Containers
• Docker API Compatibility
• Persistent Volume Driver
• VM-like container isolation
• Photon Platform
• New VSAN for Photon Platform release available
• Non-virtualized workloads can utilize VSAN for storage (using iSCSI initiators)
• Support of All-Flash hardware in Virtual SAN (VSAN) STANDARD edition.
• While eliminating the cost of networking hardware for (2)-Node ROBO deployments.
• Eliminate router/switch costs by connecting two nodes directly using crossover cables
• Supports two cross over cables between the
2-Nodes for higher availability of network
• Separates VSAN data traffic from witness VM traffic
• Then we can Accelerate Responsiveness of the business by…
• Providing a Full-Featured PowerCLI tool to fully automate operational tasks.
• And then separating witness and Virtual SAN (VSAN) traffic for Stretched Clusters.
• We have accelerated the adoption of HCI with the support of Next-Gen Hardware…
• By increasing the Cache Sizing limits.
• As well as now support large capacity drives through the 512e drives.
Cloud Management Platform (CMP)
vRealize Automation 7.2
connect to a Microsoft Azure cloud instance as a endpoint in vRealize Automation (vRA) 7.2. This means you can connect to all the major cloud providers such as vCloud Air (vCA), Amazon Web Services (AWS), Microsoft Azure as endpoints.
manage Docker Hosts and Containers from within vRealize Automation (vRA)
vRealize Log Insight 4.0
• brand new re-designed User Interface (UI) based upon the new “VMware Clarity User Interface (UI)”
• Enhanced Alert Management functionalities – offers an improved and more detailed alert filtering capability, set time ranges when filtering results and has added Content Packs for alerts.
• enhanced integration with the other VMware solutions – fully compatible with the new vSphere 6.5 and is more deeply integrated with the other solutions within the vRealize family of products and overall vSphere integration.
Workspace ONE and AirWatch
End User Experience
• Branding updates
• now offer VMware Boxer for Android.
• improvements to Identity Management
• Android Adaptive Management
• Continuous Authentication
• Password fill form
• Internal apps on unmanaged devices
• Self-Service password reset
Unified Endpoint Management
• When managing Windows 10…
• Configuration Management
• Software Distribution
• OS Patch management
• Client Health and Security
• With Smart Glass Management…
• Streamlined the OnBoarding, Network and App Configuration
Improved Admin Experience
• Improving Login and User Interface (UI) elements
• You can now do Custom Reports which is currently a “Tech Preview” for Starter templates, Customer Filters and Live Preview Pane.
• Setup Tools for
• Workspace ONE, Resources such as Wi-Fi, VPN, and Email as well as Adaptive Management.
Migrating to Windows 10? Remove risks with a quantitative analysis of your end-user computing environment.
After end-of-life notifications of Good for Enterprise, VMware offers alternative to re-investing in and migrating to new BlackBerry EMM architecture: VMware AirWatch unified endpoint management.
vRealize Automation Can Manage IBM PowerVC
vRealize Automation simplifies the management of Amazon AWS, KVM, and vSphere this is nothing new. It gives vRealize Automation broad coverage of the heterogeneous cloud. Until now the PowerVC part of this space has been unmanageable by vRealize Automation. vRealize Automation can manage these heterogeneous clouds and give users the right solution, in the right cloud, though a The post vRealize Automation Can Manage IBM PowerVC appeared first on VMware Cloud Management .
Preparing for a vCenter Server Migration using the vSphere 6.0 Update 2m Migration Tool – Part 2
The first post of this series covered pre-migration considerations for both the vSphere Single Sign-On domain and vCenter deployment models. Now it’s time to focus our attention on the two co-stars of the show, the Windows vCenter Server and Database. When it comes to the Windows vCenter Server there are plenty of things to consider such as networking, The post Preparing for a vCenter Server Migration using the vSphere 6.0 Update 2m Migration Tool – Part 2 appeared first on VMware vSphere Blog .
VMware Cloud on AWS – A Closer Look -VMware vSphere Blog
Today, VMware and Amazon Web Services (AWS) are announcing a strategic partnership providing the ability to run a full VMware Software Defined Data Center (SDDC) as a cloud service on AWS. This service will include all the enterprise tools you’re familiar with including vSphere, ESXi, VSAN and NSX. This article provides a technical preview of The post VMware Cloud on AWS – A Closer Look appeared first on VMware vSphere Blog .
VMware and Amazon Web Services Announce Strategic Partnership
Today, VMware and AWS are announcing a strategic partnership that brings the two leaders in Enterprise IT together to deliver a vSphere-based cloud service running on AWS. This service will make it easier for customers to run any application, using a set of familiar software and tools, in a consistent hybrid cloud environment.
Instant Clone functionality in VMware Horizon 7 – how quickly and efficiently it works -StarWind Software
The VMFork technology involves on-the-fly creation of virtual machine clone (VMX-file and process in memory), which uses the same memory (Shared memory) that the parent VM does. At the same time, the child VM cannot write to the shared memory